- Where do I post a want ad or announcement and where does it appear ?
Go to the Services area, want ads and postings section.
- If you're a member, use the form for members. Want ads that are not of a
commercial nature are free of charge. Becoming a member is quick and free. See here
- If you're not a member, you can post announcements of general interest to this community by using
the other form provided on this page.
- Whether as a member or as non member, you can also post want ads and announcements that are of a commercial nature ( announcing classes,
a sale, a fundraising event,etc...) using the same forms. fees are $10 per ad, $25 for 3 consecutive postings, $55 for 6.
See also Sponsoring Frenchparents for global site sponsorship opportunities including want ads.
Contrary to questions and answers on the Recommendations Info Space, your want ads and posting
DO NOT appear on the site as of yet but are
sent out to all those members that subscribed to the biweekly newsletter.
- Is it free to be a member?
In order to make this site useful and well managed, a few people have to work on it, full time!
That means they have to eat and, more expensively, have their kids be cared for or be in school
during that time..;-) So, being a member is free for the first couple of months so you can discover the site
and afterwards, we please ask that you become either an Activist or a Supporter Member.
See membership options .
- Do I have to be a member to ask a question?
Yes, we ask for your involvement and participation so if you're
going to ask questions, please take a few minutes to become a member.
You can then respond to questions you may have experience about!
- Do I have to be a member to give a response?
For the few questions on the Recommendations Info space that are accessible to the general public, you can post responses there.
Otherwise, since you need to be a member to see the hundreds of other questions, you cannot respond to them without becoming a member.
- Do you only cover the San Francisco Bay area?
The site's active Info Space is supposedly for questions of a local nature. However, given this is the web, we have members from all over the US and elsewhere,
so a question or two will be concerning another area of the country or the world.
Also, since members are signed up from everywhere,
when you become a Supporting member, you can ask us to do a search on the database for members in your area and then we can foward a message to you from them,
should you want to get in touch. We'll soon have a directory available online for supporters so you can do the search directly. Members' email addresses are never given away however.
Our objective medium term, also, is to open Frenchparents sites in other cities medium term but we need dedicated people and some $$$ for that!
- Can I get in touch with someone I saw a question or response from on the site?
As mentioned above, if you are a Supporting member, you may ask us to forward a message to someone you saw on the site
or in the newsletter. We'll do this to the extent possible and later the online directory will let you forward messages to people yourself.
- How do I stop receiving the newsletter or ask to receive it, after I've become a member?
Go to the same place for both things, if you still have access to the site, i.e:My Profile and Subscription, in left menu, or
directly here , once you've logged in.
If you do not have access to the site anymore, please send us an email with your login and/or first and last name,
and indicate your wish at: email@example.com.