- Providing advice and tips: Being on the Editorial Commitee or a Frenchparents Expert
You are a mom, a dad or a person who is around childen quite a bit, you know the area well and the idea of sharing your tips with others with an interest in the French culture sounds like fun.
You'll also need to enjoy writing- event though we're not talking about New York Times-style journalism here! The idea is to enjoy writing up useful, clear information for others without a lot of supervision.
Join our Frenchparents Editorial Commitee, whose mission it is to provide initial responses to our members' questions. You choose how much time you'd like to devote to this of course, whether a couple of hours a week to a little more.
Please write to us and briefly introduce yourself at: Comite@Frenchparents.net.
Frenchparents would also like to offer an outlet for doctors, psychologists, financial, legal and tax advisors, realtors and brokers and international human resource managers to
share their expertise with our visitors and members so that they may find responses to the issues they face as native French speakers and Francophile parents, caregivers and couples.
Contact us if you like to write and are confronted with situations involving French speakers in the US and Francophiles.
- Helping run the show: making the site ever more known and active
Frenchparents was created, you may have read this, by young French-speaking parents living in Berkeley, CA and Washington, DC.
Given we have financial means inversely proportionate to our creativity level,we are always seeking men and women, young or older, interested in moving our project ahead with us.
Most of the responsibilities below are volunteer ones, at least for now. Our medium term goal is to offer some compensation for the sales and site management functions.
- Helping manage an existing network:
- Frenchparents needs to be better known by all those concerned in the San Francisco area, so help us get the word out, talk about us, give out cards and flyers!
- We're also looking for people who'd enjoy contacting local businesses and service providers that cater to our audience to tell them they could be a sponsor or advertiser on the site or in Frenchparents newsletters.
- To help run the network, we also need newsletter moderators, who are responsible for puting together and sending out the newsletters based on content on the site.
- If you also wish to give us suggestions for the site or tell us, either verbally or in writing about your experience as a Francophile, please contact us.
- Finally, if you are a lawyer or tax expert in California, we could use your expert advice on managing our non-profit enterprise.
- Creating another local network :
- We would love to see this network develop in other regions like new York, Washington , DC, LA, or Paris, London, or Hong Kong...
Do you feel the energy to talk about this network locally and encourage others to join to make it all the more useful?
If so, and you use the web regularly to communicate as well as think you can dedicate a minimum of 25 hours a week to such a project, please
contact us to create a Frenchparents site and network in your region.
Tell us in an email about your areas of interest, your background, so that we may know you a little before talking with you.
You'd run your show, finding sponsors to provide some financial compensation for your contribution.
We hope you'll join our team soon!